Thursday, May 31, 2007

Once upon a movie

The director of "Once" was on NPR's "All Things Considered" (I think that was it; I heard the interview on the "NPR Movies" podcast, which compiles film-related content from multiple NPR shows.) He said that he likes to think of good musicals as favorite music albums, which you can pop in and watch a few scenes, listen to a few songs, and it's like queuing up your favorite music tracks. I think he's right.

I've already listened to the soundtrack several times, and find myself curious about certain songs - Was that the one they sang in the piano store? Which was the one she listened to as she walked home from buying batteries for her CD player? Enough so that I would consider seeing the film again. Especially if it shows up in my neighborhood theater. (Might be a long wait. My little independent-friendly cinema is currently hosting all of the 3's: Shrek, Pirates, and Spiderman.)

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest that "Once" is an ironic title for a film that is earning praise as one you'll want to see over and over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page