Saturday, May 12, 2007

Out out, damned spot

I am suffering under a strange anti-housecleaning curse. Last weekend I was wringing my mop in a mop bucket and the metal edge of the mop head punctured the plastic bucket, sending dirty water everywhere. Yesterday I was vacuuming, and was seized by the brilliant idea to use the hose attachment to battle dust in the vents of the bathroom's ceiling fan. This required some delicate balancing, which wound up knocking over both the body of the vacuum cleaner and the plastic trashcan. Next thing I know, the plastic liner is caught in the bottom of the vacuum cleaner, sending smoke and a horrible burning plastic smell throughout the apartment. I managed to disentangle everything before an actual fire started, but haven't had the heart to check and see what damage I've done to the vacuum cleaner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page