Friday, June 29, 2007

The waiting room

So you know that episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" where Larry sees his therapist at the beach in a thong bathing suit, and has to quit being his patient? Well today I walked past the Cingular/AT&T store and was surprised to see a line for the Apple iPhone. (I didn't realize it was happening anywhere but Apple stores.) The first several people in line had sleeping bags, chairs, food, etc., and about a dozen people back was a familiar looking face... my doctor. It took me a minute to place him, but really, it was him. My doctor is camped out on line to buy an iPhone. There's something a little weird about that, no?

PS I love the name "Cingular." I don't get what AT&T gains from the name change, but as a marketing professional, I assume there is market research to indicate that AT&T is a stronger brand and this is a positive move... or else they are just idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page