Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Did you know

that in New York State, an accepted verbal offer for real estate is not binding? That a seller can accept other bids up until a contract is signed?

Yes, I knew it, but I was confident that it wouldn't happen to me, that no other offer would come in during the period my attorney was reviewing the contract. While he was waiting for information from the seller's attorney so we could sign.

Welcome to reality, smack right in the face.

Still might work out, but I'll be slightly poorer. I feel like I've been punched in the gut.

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

I learned this the hard way years ago when I lost the apartment of my dreams. The worst was that months later the NYTIMES real estate section featured that apartment, a true and rare "find," in its "Habitats" column. Long story...but good luck. You will prevail.

9:05 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thanks!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page