Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Games People Play

I wrote the Harry Potter post yesterday but was interrupted before I posted it, and forgot completely until now.

Did I mention that my offer was accepted and I'm now in the flurry of legal contract/coop board application/mortgage applications? Actually, it's less stressful than I expected, mostly just setting things in motion and then waiting for it all to fall into place. (For example, calling the lawyer and connecting him with the broker, now waiting for him to receive the contract and review it.)

I don't think that a closing in August is possible, with the whole approval process, but who knows. I anticipate moving sometime in September or even October. That seems so far away, and yet I'm freaked out by how much I'll have to do! This weekend I celebrated by going through my kitchen cupboards and filling three shopping bags for the thrift store, and another for the trash pickup.

I also cleaned out the drawer in my TV stand and found my old Nintnedo. The original, from the early 90's. I was already in my 30's when I asked for it for Christmas, and quickly developed an addiction. Nothing crazy - just Super Mario Bros. and Tetris - but I stayed up til 3 and 4 in the morning a few times. I was really disappointed when the next generation systems came out, and they stopped making and selling games for the original NES. (My addictive side moved onto PC games like the Sims. I still am limited in games as I hate anything that involves violence or death or shooting.)

I toyed with the idea of taking the system to the thrift store, but then hooked it up to the big TV, and voila, it still works! But I can't get past level 1-3 of Super Mario, despite a couple of hours of practice.

I think I'll keep it. Especially as I realize that now I can buy the old games on Ebay.

!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new apartment, that is great to hear!

Haha. I have a regular old school Nintentdo too. It actually came out in the 80's though. :) I have a bunch of games for it too! So fun. I think the original games are still the best ever made. Kinda sad, really. lol.

Definitely keep it though!

2:33 AM  
Blogger medusa said...

Hmmm, according to wikipedia, it was made between 1980-94, but I know that I got mine in the 90's. One reason is that mine has a copyright of 1993! So I got it right at the end of its reign,and therefore was pretty much behind the times even then.

5:07 AM  
Blogger madabandon said...

Congratulations!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page