Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting closer...

My bid can practically touch theirs.

* * *

So, there's this woman at work who has a habit of getting on my nerves. I don't think she realizes how abrasive she is, or maybe she does, but I simply can't believe someone is okay with that. Anyway, her first question to me was, "How many bedrooms?" Which I had to repeat back to her in confusion, because, well, I'm a single woman buying an apartment in the city, how many bedrooms did she think? I finally said, "One," and she said she couldn't imagine only having one bedroom. She likes to switch it up and sleep in different rooms according to her mood.

Kill me now.

She also lives far out at the edge of another borough, in a complex she bragged to me was "so much like suburbia you don't even think you're still in the city." To which I responded, "But I love living in the city. If I wanted suburbia, I'd be living in suburbia."

But I hate suburbia.

* * *

I will be away next weekend, when the Harry Potter book is released. So I just ordered a copy on Amazon to be sent to the relative's address I'm staying at. Oh, it's not because I can't wait a day or three, it's also for the fun of it: I'll be with family members who were fans long before me, and in fact were the ones to get me interested. Maybe we can have an old-fashioned read-aloud at night, and dive into the first chapter together.

I just saw the Harry Potter movie, but I'll save that for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page