Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Mighty Heart, and a Breath

Movie number 4 in 5 days. I feel like I'm running a marathon, only instead of bruised and calloused feet I have a withered tongue from all of the salty popcorn. But since I think I could live on popcorn (and Diet Coke), I'm not exactly complaining. "A Mighty Heart" is all that you've heard: it's good and powerful and sad, and more of a police procedural than a sappy invitation to give Angelina Jolie another Oscar. Yes, it's hard to completely forget that she's, well, Angelina Jolie, but she's not on screen all of the time, and when she is, she's very good.

* * *

To clarify my comments the other day about seeing my doctor in the iPhone line, it's not that I think he's less of a doctor for wanting an iPhone. It's just that he's a very serious professional, never engaging in small talk or anything remotely personal (unlike the cheery chap who's my OB/GYN or the grandfatherly gastroentrologist who calls me "sweetie" in an entirely non-offensive way.) So to see him exhibiting normal human behavior in a very public setting is just a bit unnerving.

* * *

I'm calmer today. I talked to the realtor and they basically are waiting for me to make an offer. I am taking a friend back to see the apartment later this week and then I'll be ready. I don't think this is a mistake, but it's still the biggest purchase I'll ever make. (Until the next apartment, haha.) Remember, I don't own a car or anything. The most expensive thing I've ever bought was - a computer? my new TV? Nothing close to a half million dollar home.

* * *

I might just make 5 movies in 6 days, as several new ones are opening tomorrow in light of the Fourth of July holiday. Although, if it rains tomorrow as predicted, I have fantasies of cleaning out my refrigerator. I know, I'm so much fun! But the idea of rain, a good DVD and a sponge soaked in Clorox sounds like a great way to transition back to a workday on Thursday. Then, just two days of (quiet, empty, dead) work, and another weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that's a lot of movie seeing! I haven't been to a movie in awhile, but I wish I went more often. It sounds like you're having fun.

It's good to hear you don't think the apartment is a mistake, and that is certainly a big purchase, so I can understand why you might be nervous. :)

Iphone's are sweet, so I can understand why your doctor might want one, haha.

Hope you have fun with your fridge!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Pynchon said...

No such thing as too many films, if you ask me.

4:20 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

Well, I did make it to 5 in 6 days. I think I'll stay in this next weekend...

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page