Monday, July 30, 2007

monday blues

Just when I'd decided that I really liked my new computer, just when I was relishing the ease at which I was able to load my software and drivers and files, I get hit with major frustration. This morning, Internet Explorer was super slow, freezing up constantly, and not allowing me to access my online writing course site. I don't know if it's IE 7 (which we haven't even upgraded to at work as they are concerned about its functionality), Vista, or the free trial security software that came with it. Or all three.

It was 6:15 am, and I didn't have time to do battle, just time to dress and run out the door for the gym. I'm even more woefully behind in my writing course, and it's embarrassing to have to come up with all of these endless excuses.

Tonight I'll try installing my own copy of Norton Internet Security and disabling the pre-installed one. Maybe I should just call Best Buy's Geek Squad.

I mean, isn't that what they are for?

* * *

I did go see "The Simpsons" yesterday afternoon. I loved it at first - so cool to see the characters on the big screen (and I sat near the front of the crowded theater, and they were BIG), and there was much clever in-joking and a distinct sense of freedom from TV network standards (not too much, just slightly more adult, in a playful way.) And it's fun to watch in a crowded theater of laughing people (unlike my quiet apartment.) But after awhile it just became another Simpsons episode, longer, and not necessarily one of my favorite. Enjoyable, but not spectacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page