Monday, August 27, 2007

Ants at a Funeral

This morning I was greeted by a swarm of tiny black ants on the bathroom tile floor. This is annoying. Usually it happens in the early fall, so I suppose the roller coaster weather of the past couple of weeks could be to blame. But now my whole body itches as I imagine they are crawling all over me. (They are not.)

* * *

Yesterday I saw "Death at a Funeral," which is truly a funny movie, even if many of the funniest lines were in the trailer that I must have seen a dozen times. Still, they weren't the ONLY jokes, and there is a good deal of humor surrounding them, so it was definitely worth the price of the ticket.

* * *

This week the office promises to be quiet, as so many people are taking off for their last hurrah before kids go back to school next week. This is both a good and bad thing; I can get more work done, but I also tend to lose motivation when it's too quiet and there's not as much pressure. I'm only in the office for three days, though, as we are closed on Friday (yay!) and I am flying to Boston on Thursday for a meeting.

* * *

I need to return to the bathroom before I leave for the gym, but I don't want to. I hate ants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page