Thursday, September 13, 2007

Confession

I am a baby. I wanted people to feel sorry for me today because I couldn't eat. I didn't get any sympathy, because nobody really knew, and it wasn't the kind of thing I could really yell from the top of a cubicle wall. In a meeting, one of the execs was talking about the Jewish holidays and fasting, and how his wife is fasting today "but not for religious reasons, she's having a colonoscopy tomorrow!" and everyone laughed and I thought, me, too, but of course you don't say that in a professional setting, especially when you are the only woman, and junior to everyone in the room. (Weird double standard, of course, that I can know about his wife's.)

Have I mentioned that I don't want to turn 45? Although I thought it would be cool to have a 45 record themed birthday party. Maybe I still will, after I move into the new apartment. A combination house-warming/birthday bash.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Happy birthday.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page