Sunday, September 02, 2007

Wake Up Call

I woke up this morning to a shock in my email box - a receipt for PayPal payment of $10 to Skype. Which, I did not authorize. I know what Skype is, but I've never used it. I immediately reacted by emailing Skype, which is probably not the best idea, if it's some kind of scam, but I also contacted PayPal and opened up an unauthorized transaction claim.

I also changed my password. How can anyone charge my PayPal account without a password? But who would have known my password? I know this is just $10, but if there is a security breach it could become much bigger. (My PayPal balance is fairly substantial due to online orders for my mother's business and due to recent Ebay sales I've made.)

I hate feeling violated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page