Friday, October 05, 2007

Get out!!!!

My apartment is tired of me and is doing its best to shrug me off. After last week's attempt to force me out with a stopped up bathroom sink, it's set the ceiling fan on me. I've had to run to the circuit box twice after one half of the outlets shut down, and both times the ceiling fan welcomed the returning influx of electric with a shower of sparks. (Now that sounds overly dramatic - more like two sparks. Still scary.)

Meanwhile, I am entertaining another Time Warner Cable repair-person tomorrow (not sure why I need the gender political correctness, as in my nearly 20 TWC service calls in the past few years, I've yet to see a female technician.) Maybe my apartment is just bored with my company, although I'd propose that forcing me to sit inside for a block of 4 hours (2 to 6 pm! I should make this a standing appointment) is probably not what my four walls intended.

Sigh.

On Monday everyone involved in my apartment purchase woke up and noticed it is October now. I had calls from the lawyer, the mortgage broker, and the real estate broker, all checking in. I have nothing to report. The coop board has had my application for almost three weeks, and has not called me. When I called the management company to check the status, the woman working there barked at me (as I am told she barks at everyone.) I have no answers, and I'm not even frustrated with the process any more. I don't have the energy. I've been lulled into a state of limbo, where I might forever reside with half my life packed in boxes and half of my savings sitting in someone else's lawyer's account.

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

I wonder if the barking woman is the same barking woman who runs the management office for my coop. I have a feeling it is. Does her first name begin with "J"?

8:09 AM  
Blogger medusa said...

Yes! I'm told she gets nicer once you're an "owner" is that true?

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page