Friday, October 26, 2007

Happiness is a Friday.

Yesterday was tough. I started out with a phone call from a particular bitchy woman from an administrative services group at work, calling to lecture me about something I'd done incorrectly, who spoke so nastily when I tried to explain myself that I finally cut her off with a "Thank you for your time," and hung up. A co-worker two cubes down who only last week told me she thinks I'm always so calm and laid back at work, finally got to see me mad. The day got progressively worse, with a few last minute (urgent!) projects that were lobbed in my direction, but fortunately I was able to identify the more appropriate (better) person to work on them. (It's not that I don't want to help, but when it's clearly not my responsibility nor something I'm very good at, and I'm already swamped with things I am supposed to be doing, I have to volley back.)

Miraculously, my living room cable came back in time for prime time. I slept on the sofa bed, away from the footsteps in other bedrooms, and with an over-the-counter sleep aid. I feel great, although when I woke up at 4 am to use the bathroom, the cable was out again. But I fell right asleep after, which is huge.

Friday. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page