Friday, October 12, 2007

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

Since I last wrote about my fish, I've lost four more. I don't know if it's a water quality issue, although I've been following the same cleaning/water changing routine I've followed for years, or if it's related to the ugly algae that has been popping up lately. (A different algae than the types that have plagued me in the past - this one is bright green flowing threads that latch onto the gravel and the plants. In the past I've had the minuscule floating algae that turns the water bright green or white, and the thick black carpet of sludge that coats the aquarium floor. It's odd to think that these grow simply from tap water standing in a heated tank.)

I had thought that I'd refrain from buying more fish, since it would be easier for the move, but now I might venture out this weekend to replenish my stock. The fish I have left are all schooling fish, who thrive in larger numbers, and seem a bit lonely now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page