Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Not There....

I am either too uneducated in Bob Dylan lore or too stupid to get the cultural references, but to me, "I'm Not There" was not the filmatic ecstasy that Tony Scott of the NY Times raved over. I don't like feeling too dumb to understand a movie, but I gave up long before the giraffe and the giant tarantula appeared.

I feel better having read some of the comments on the Times website (found at the same page as the review.) Apparently, even married couples were divided in their love vs. confusion over what it all meant, with the division directly tied to familiarity with Dylan-ology.

On the other hand, not everyone loved "Across the Universe."

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Ah... But those people who didn't like "Across The Universe" were idiots, weren't they?

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page