Saturday, December 08, 2007

Toiling away

I have to work this weekend. I have a conference call today at 8 am, about a proposal that is due next week and so I will spend my weekend working on it. Oddly, this isn't upsetting me as it usually would. Maybe because I had a productive week and I don't feel as behind as I often do - or more likely, just on a high from being so productive and getting a lot done. More likely, though, because the person asking for my help is someone I like and respect, and because the nature of this fire drill (last minute rush) is for once, clearly not anyone's fault, and there are five or six of us who are giving up portions of the weekend to make this happen. There is power in feeling you're not suffering alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page