Monday, January 14, 2008

Anticipation, part 2

Board meeting in a couple of hours. I am more confident than I expected to be, which is a good thing. The only potential land mine is the question of why I got turned down by the last coop board - I didn't think it would even need to be addressed, but they've asked me to bring backup for the large deposit I made into my bank account in October. Which was, of course, the return of my 10% deposit from Coop #1, and the backup is a letter from my lawyer indicating that. So the elephant will be loose in the room and I will have to feel my way through it. My instinct is to blame the 15% vs. 20% because I feel like if I say, "I have no idea! They wouldn't tell me why they turned me down!" it looks like there is some scary thing in my past that this board would want to stay clear of also. I mean, you never really explain why you left your last job in an interview, or why your last relationship broke up to a blind date... there always is a way to spin it. My next two hours will be finding that "spin." (I'm in marketing; this should be easy!)

My biggest fear right now is that the interview is in an apartment on the fourth floor of the building, so I have to climb three flights of stairs and arrive breathless. Definitely not the best way to present myself...

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

I will do a "co-op good fortune dance" for you.

1:15 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thank you!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page