Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back in the saddle, again

I didn't sleep well last night, no doubt anticipating today's "back to work" day onslaught. I tried to curb it by going into the office myself on Monday (for a few hours at least) to deal with the bulk of things that piled up over the past two weeks, or at least categorize them into consumable piles.

Part of my freak-out is an extended wait for a response from the mortgage broker, who's been on vacation, but in whose hands the next stage of the process lies. I hope she's back today; as it is, another month has passed and so I need to print and copy another set of bank statements for my coop application. Sigh.

Last night I dreamed I was looking at "the apartment" again, although once more, it was radically different. It had wall-to-wall carpeting, which really upset me as I'd thought it was wood floors, and in one room, it felt like shaky plywood under the carpet. In fact, the seller ran across the room to answer a ringing phone and the entire floor shook and I felt my heart drop. I wandered back to the main room and she asked me if something was wrong, and I told her. She said, oh, it's not that bad, and began to jump up and down, but that floor was solid. And I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page