Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The one you wait for

The one day of silence should not have been an alarm - I was just so busy telling every live person I know the good news, and so was negligent in informing the virtual ones. The actual meeting was short, friendly, and pleasant. There was no need for "spin," as questioning me seemed the furthest thing from their minds; instead, they wanted me to ask questions. It ended with a "welcome to the building" and was followed up yesterday by a call confirming that they "unequivocally" approved my application and are excited.

In addition to the obvious elation and relief, I feel some anger toward that other board, who damaged my confidence. How dare they leave me worrying about whatever unknown thing it was that made them turn me down! How dare they make me doubt myself! Seriously, if there weren't enough parallels to a bad relationship and breakup, here we have another. It took the good loving of another man to heal my wounded heart.

Now, it's on to the final stretch. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

I am so happy for you. Congratulations. It proves that "the second time is a charm."

12:17 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thank you!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page