Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vinyl thoughts

Today I finally pulled my box of record albums from the back of the closet. My vinyl history is frozen in the 70's and early 80's, because after that my turntable broke and I never replaced it, choosing instead to ride the cassette tape and then CD wave. I have Billy Joel and Barry Manilow, my childhood heroes, plus random oddities like The Thompson Twins and Men Without Hats. And of course Air Supply, and Hall and Oates, and Queen, and Foreigner, and Kansas.

They are still packed in the box from the move I made from upstate NY to the city in 1989. That's nearly 19 years. I've never done more than open the box and peer inside. I think it's time to let them go.

The box is heavy, but I think I will just take it down and set it on the sidewalk with a "Free" sign. Hopefully someone will want them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

The Thompson Twins?!*1?

Oh, dear. They were rubbish...

5:30 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

hey, it was the 80's and I was young...

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page