Monday, February 25, 2008

After Oscar

In the frenzy of my non-movie life, I never posted my Oscar picks. Oh, well. I don't know if I would have picked "No Country for Old Men," as I was pretty evenly torn between it and "There Will Be Blood," and having seen the latter more recently, its impact was fresher in my mind. I would have gotten all of the acting awards correct, with the exception of Tilda Swinton (the truly WTF moment of the evening.)

I had a friend over for my first "hosting" duties in the new place. It was fun, even with my living room still filled with boxes. Most of what I have to unpack are books, which will be quick and easy (no unwrapping or washing), but I'm struggling with the arrangement of bookcases around the piano and so keep putting it off. I am tempted to buy new bookcases right away (originally a longer term plan), as I think that once I start living with what I already have, I'll never try to change it.

I had an unfortunate night, succumbing to ice cream that my guest brought. I should have just politely said, "no thank you," but I found myself really craving it once it was in my freezer. But I had one of those terrible acid reflux attacks after I fell asleep, which nearly caused me to choke, and indeed, sent me running in to the bathroom twice with the sensation that I was going to throw up or die. But since when it happens I'm always half asleep and irrational, I kept lying back down and thinking it would just go away if I ignored it. But somehow it passed and I managed to oversleep, my alarm mistakenly set to radio (a thin static-filled in-between stations wail) rather than buzzer.

Now, my first day back to work after my vacation, I'll be late. At least my commute is shorter. Let's see how much of an impact five fewer stops will have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page