Sunday, March 02, 2008

Campaign trail

A friend of mine is very involved in the Hillary campaign. She has been traveling to volunteer in other states now that the NY primary is over. When the subject first came up, months ago, I mentioned that I hadn't decided which of the leading Democrats to vote for. She told me that if Obama won the nomination, she'd likely vote for McCain.

We never discussed again my opinions, and I never told her I voted for Obama in the primary, nor that now I really feel he is the right candidate. Yet she acts as if we are in sync, that every mention she makes of Hillary is one I fully endorse. I don't think I should have to tell her that I disagree, nor do I think making a bold statement of "let's not discuss politics" would do anything but make it more of an issue than it needs to be. So I just sit quietly and change the subject as subtly as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page