Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pitter patter

I have an insanely early meeting in midtown, so my alarm was set for 4:45. But at 3:45 I woke to strange sounds, which I soon identified as rain (hail? sleet?) striking the air conditioners. (I bought the apartment with the air conditioners still in the windows - I should have them taken out and stored in the basement, but it seemed like a lot of trouble.)

So now I'm up.

I fell asleep to a different sound - the tinkling of wind chimes somewhere outside. I don't know where they are, but sometimes I hear them from the street (the opposite side of the building) and often from my bedroom window. I like the sound.

Wow, it's really coming down now. I hope it's quieted somewhat when I have to leave at 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page