Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random is as random does

Are there owls in Brooklyn? Regularly at night I hear a soft hooting.

My new refrigerator is very loud. It's not new (except to me) so I assume this might mean it's also costing me a great deal in electricity.

Last week the cable behaved so well, I canceled my appointment Friday to get a new DVR. Naturally starting on Saturday it began to freak out again, and has not stopped. I have another appointment for this Friday. For two weeks it's been on the outs during AMC's weekly re-airing of "Mad Men" (1:00 am on Mondays) so I am feeling withdrawal.

When I started this blog I stumbled across two others, which I began to visit regularly. Now both are gone - one retired completely, the other moved to an undisclosed (to date) new location. Odd that both are gone; I keep checking, but yes, it's true.

The governor's scandal is so depressing. How can someone with so much going for him throw it all away for something so ridiculous? It irks me, too, that we live in a country (world) where some people think a woman can't be trusted with power because of her theoretical hormonal mood swings - yet we trust men with power who are willing to throw it all away for a good blow job.

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

the hooting is probably the sound of mourning doves. there are a lot of them around here. i often hear them. so beautiful...

2:36 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thank you!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page