Sunday, April 27, 2008

After the party

Did I say "a little hungover?" Yeah.

I had my long-anticipated (well, by me, if not by you) party last night. It worked out well - a good mix of friends from different points in my life that combined into the right number for an apartment my size. A little cross-conversation, but mostly people stuck to their native associations. (Suddenly I'm an anthropologist studying my own friends.) Many people brought wine (I have enough for several more parties) and a few brought housewarming gifts (which I'd tried to dissuade - nice, lovely thoughts, but not necessary.) I made enough food to keep people happy, but not so much that my refrigerator is crammed with leftovers (my usual mistake.)

One of the best parts was when everyone left and I did a quick cleanup. I filled a garbage bag and tossed bottles into a recycling bag and carried them down to the street. I loaded the dishwasher and turned it on and went to sleep. Woke up and almost all of my cleaning is done.

I had this grand idea of drinking only diet coke, but no, I had several glasses of wine. Not many, although I found myself half-awake much of the night, feeling like I needed to drink water but not having the energy to get out of bed to refill the glass on my bedside table. I think some of my hangover is lack of sleep.

But the rest is wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page