Friday, May 02, 2008

Found money

Just over a year ago, I found a $20 bill in the subway. I still have it. I planned on saving it for something special or important (in the "I am making a statement" sense) but it stayed folded and tucked into a corner of my bulletin board until I packed it with my desk things before the move, only to position it back neatly in the same spot in the new apartment. This morning, prior to my Starbucks run, I realized I had very little cash on me, but I also knew that it wasn't the right time to crack the twenty. I'll know when it is.

Last week I found a $5 bill on the sidewalk. It didn't seem quite as momentous, although I did promise myself I'd give it to any homeless person I passed between that spot and the CVS I was headed toward. Of course, unusually, I passed none. So I used it to buy batteries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page