Friday, May 02, 2008

In the wee small hours of the

I've been sleeping better, overall. I've even migrated to being one of those people who needs an alarm to wake her in the morning, and then rolls over after turning it off and loses another 1/2 hour of time. (I'm not conditioned enough to use the "snooze" button since actually falling asleep again is so foreign a concept to me.) I guess this is better than waking each morning at 4:30 cursing the fact that my alarm is set for 5:20, and being wide awake after. But I don't want waking up late to be an excuse to skip the gym, so the end result is that I have been getting to work later.

Not that anyone notices or cares. I've always been one of the first in, which helps me feel less guilty about being one of the first to leave each day. (I'm still putting in 9 or 9 1/2 hours a day.) Luckily it's an environment where no one really cares, as long as you're getting your work done.

So, after that promising preamble, I have to admit I woke up at 3:45 today and have been up ever since. I blame "Lost" - I fell asleep before it even started last night, woke up briefly for one scene, pulled out the sofabed to try to watch the rest, fell asleep again. So at 3:47, after returning from the bathroom, I decided to watch it from the start. (DVR-love. Sigh.) And when it ended, I decided to watch another show I had recorded. Then another. Then next thing you know, it's 6:00 am.

I planned on working from home today anyway. And also on it being a non-gym day (good, as I'm really feeling a bit nauseous from my stupid schedule.)

I think I will need to hit up Starbucks before I swap my home laptop for my work one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page