Friday, May 23, 2008

Sex and the City

I am tired of all the "Sex and the City" backlash. Suddenly it's cool to hate it, to make fun of the TV series, to list multiple tortures that would be preferable to sitting in the theater next week for the movie. You know what? Then just don't go, but shut up about it. Did you hear me bitching about how I'd rather retch than sit through the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy?

Well, publicly?

Maybe because I'm a woman of a certain age, but SATC was always a guilty pleasure, despite how annoying Carrie could be or how unrealistic the women's lives might be. It's an escape, it's fiction, it's ridiculous clothes and pretty clothes, unbelievably gorgeous men and ridiculously flawed men, simple life-lesson proclamations and silly pun-filled catch phrases, but even at its most mediocre it was always entertaining.

So, yeah, I might not be with Indy this weekend, but I expect to be with Carrie and gang next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page