Monday, June 30, 2008

Without movies

No movies this weekend. And likely none next, either, unless we do so as a family, which likely means "Wall-e" which my brothers have already determined is the best-reviewed movie in a long time. I don't even know if I'm spelling it correctly.

Update on "Stop the Jail": I found this discussing the issue. Apparently, I am not alone in my aversion to the protests as indicating privileged NIMBY new residents. But there seems to be heated arguments on both sides; nothing new with that, of course. I suppose if I erase any consideration of where each of the jails reside and evaluate which would be more financially and procedurally responsible (i.e., the length of time traveling to and from Rikers for parties involved, which increases gas consumption and costs), then I could choose a side. But I still wouldn't care if the best option was to reopen the jail in Brooklyn. (My favorite comment on the blog above is someone pointing out that there is a comparable jail in Tribeca, and there is certainly no loss of property value there.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page