Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hang in there

I find that I can feel hungover without having much to drink. Last night I went to a dinner with some friends from work, and finished half a beer (while co-workers did their best to finish off a couple of bottles of wine.) I ate only a moderate amount of rich foods, as it was of those restaurants with reasonble-to-small sized portions, not one of those who bring you a platter-sized entree that could easily be set in front of a family of four. But I felt full and tired as I made my way home on a longer-than-usual subway ride. Home by ten, in bed within a half hour, but I woke up during the night feeling horrible, and now, facing the start of my day, I want to crawl back into bed and skip it.

I think I'll work from home. Unplanned, but I have my laptop and a schedule that includes conference calls but no face-to-face meetings.

(Homemade guacamole and chips, crab cake and shrimp, creamed spinach, warm berry cobbler - I am afraid to get on the scale.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page