Sunday, August 10, 2008

Annoyed

I had great fun in Williams Sonoma this weekend putting a recently received gift card to use. A new LeCrueset lasagna pan, an electronic timer (on sale!), a set of stainless steel measuring spoons. And a copy of a Martha Stewart cookbook, also on sale. I'm hesitant to buy cookbooks, as I too often wind up with one that has pretty pictures that inspire me to purchase it, but on closer inspection, has no recipes I would actually cook. So I skimmed the index and saw several interesting recipes.

Home, though, having put away the rest of my goodies, I cracked open the book only to discover that none of the recipes that had caught my eye were in the book. For some unfathomable reason, the publisher created an index for both the book it was contained in and a previous book of Stewart's. The entries for the other book are in blue, but the color code key is not easily found, so how was I to know? And it's not like these are Volume 1 and Volume 2; they are the "New Classics" and the "Original Classics" but since there "Original" wasn't in the Williams Sonoma store, it wasn't at all obvious that they were meant to be a set.

Disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page