Sunday, August 17, 2008

I don't watch the Olympics.

I'm not at all interested in it, and I won't bore you with all the reasons why.

But it has been on the big TV screens at the gym all week, and it seems that it's always on beach volleyball. I have to say: beach volleyball is an Olympic sport? For real? I would have thought it was the reckless cousin of actual volleyball, in the way that, oh, ultimate Frisbee is the stoner sibling of actual football.

But I guess, in thinking about it, the sand gives it a very different vibe, since you would take chances you wouldn't if your body were aiming at the polished floor of a gym. So maybe beach volleyball is the serious sport, and inside volleyball is just junior high gym torture.

I still don't get the outfits. A teeny-weeny bikini bottom and a sports bra? really? Wouldn't, I dunno, a pair of comfy loose shorts be better?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Beach volleyball? Teeny, weeny bikinis?

Proper sport.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page