Monday, February 23, 2009

After Oscar, redux

Nothing, absolutely nothing to say about the Oscars. I watched the way I like to most - with a room full of friends, good food, and a few drinks. I didn't have to pay too much attention to the show (which can bore me) without some commentary from friends.

I took today off because I know from experience I'll be exhausted. Not just from the late night, but from all the work cooking and cleaning. Yesterday I was on the move from the moment I woke up to the moment I crawled into bed. (I put away all the food, took a bag of trash and two of empty bottles downstairs, loaded the dishwasher, and filled the sink to soak another pile of dishes first.) Actually, Saturday was much the same - except for an hour break in the pedicure chair, I was dashing from one store to another, up and down the stairs into my apartment, most of the day.

It's sunny today and I'm slightly hungover and just want to curl up on the couch and snooze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page