Monday, March 30, 2009

Back already

Today I had jury duty, or what turned out to be the first day of a long jury selection process for a criminal case. I've only done civil cases before. If I get picked for this one, I may be on a case for three weeks or more. It alternately excites me and terrifies me. It would be very interesting, but also frightening.

I really am annoyed by the many many people who have tried to "help" me with advice on how to get out of it. I don't want to. I really think it would suck to be accused of something and have a jury made up of only people who were too stupid or lazy to get out of it. I want to do my duty, and I am fascinated by the process and look forward to being part of it.

On the other hand, it would be rough to miss that much work (or at least miss the days and have to spend hours at night catching up.)

But, I didn't lie or withhold or make anything on my questionnaire sound like anything but who I am. And if they want a liberal, Unitarian, pacifist, NPR-listening, 40-something woman who counts the current first lady among the public figures she admires most and the most recent ex-President among those she admires least, then I'll be there. With bells on.

Well, maybe not. They would set off the metal detector.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page